-By Mr. Ankur Chawla,Director- Crusaders Technologies (I) Pvt Ltd.
With pollution levels in several Indian cities touching alarming levels, a number of people are investing in air purifiers. Reports indicate that since 2013-14, the sale of these gadgets, which promise to clean up the air inside your homes and offices, has more than doubled and the iduestry is growing at an CAGR of 54%. The consumer is spoilt for choice with air purifiers from several brandsavailable in the market. They can cost anything between Rs 3,000 and Rs 95,000 or more. But before rushing out to buy one, it is important to understand how these gadgets work and the technologies to look for and the ones to avoid.
There are different kinds of air purifiers depending on the technology they employ to clean up the air. You need to take into account that we in India deal with multiple problems in the Air, ranging from Dust to Toxic Gases and Lack of Freshness in the city air.
At CRUSADERS, we have done a lot of research on the technologies and filters available and incorporated a system which is suitable for India.
- A Pre-Filter in necessary in Indian Environment where the air has large particulate matter and heavy pollutants. Pre-filters suck in and filter out larger particles that could otherwise choke the HEPA filter. If the HEPA filter gets choked, you will need to change it sooner than later and that can be a costly affair because these filters are expensive. This is where most foreign products really underscore as there filters are low quality and very expensive.
- Some machines also use the more expensive ESP (electro static plasma filter) to take care of small dust, ash, allergens, pollens etc. Being a washable filter it adds life to the HEPA & CARBON filters.
- A combination of a good HEPA (high efficiency particulate arrester) filter and a sound Carbon Filter is crucial for an efficient air purifier. We are using a H13 grade of HEPA and thick Carbon Filter with Coconut Shell.
- A new technology in form of PCO (Photo-Catalytic Oxidation) combination of UV+TiO2, which is FDA approved for use in air purifiers, reduces the microbial (bacteria, virus, dust mites) and chemical (Toxic Gases like amonia, formaldehyde etc) load. This is a technology defrentiator with CRUSADERS AIR PURIFIER.
- Then is the Ioniser, some call it plasma ions, some vita ions, some nano-e. The end result is the same and the objective is the same. ANIONS are essential for the wellbieg of our body and they are directly related to our immunity. It makes the body strong if good ions are taken. When the amount of Negative Electric Ions contained in one CC of air reached 100,000 to 500,000, it relieves illnesses.
Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Columbia University study says, once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy.
Source – WebMD